“Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2020”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2020.
In 1943, the Roman Catholic Bishops of the United States established Catholic Relief Services to help war-torn Europe and its refugees recover. During World War II, CRS’ work focused on the resettlement of war refugees in Europe. Today, more than 75 years later, our mission continues to focus on the poor overseas, using the gospel of Jesus Christ as our mandate. We continually seek to help those most in need, providing assistance on the basis of need, without regard to race, creed or nationality.
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager
You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
- Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with CRS’ financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Ensure the financial accounting system (Insight) is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.).
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure the correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and sub-recipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support the strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff and sub recipients with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Senior Finance Officer
- Finance Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programs, Head of Operations, Chief of Party, Program Managers, Procurement Manager, HR Manager and other support Managers, HQ Finance and Regional Finance Officer for West Africa.
External: Banking Institutions, Government Entities, Donors, Sub Recipients, Suppliers and Auditors.
- An MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of five years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO.
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 25 May 2020.