“Charles University Development Scholarships 2020/2021 for Developing Countries”
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified students from developing countries for the Charles University Development Scholarships 2020/2021 to study in Czech Republic.
Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences a limited number of scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Charles University Development Scholarships
The Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programs.
Charles University Development Scholarships Eligibility
The scholarship can be awarded to students studying in one of the Faculty’s fee-based study programmes in one of the first three years of study for Bachelor’s programmes or the first two years of study for Master’s programmes. This means the application can be submitted by current students in the first or second year of Bachelor’s studies or the first year of Master’s studies, or by a fresh applicant to any of our fee-based programmes.
The applicants have to be from developing countries and countries going through a process of political and economic transition and have to state their needs of financial support within the application.
- All scholarship applications received by the deadline will be assessed by a Scholarship Review Board, which will recommend seven students to receive scholarships to the Dean of the Faculty. The decision of the Board on which students it will recommend for a scholarship will be independent of the deliberations of the Admissions Panel regarding which students to admit. However, only students finally admitted by the Faculty are eligible to become scholarship holders.
- In addition to the documents submitted by scholarship applicants, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
- A final decision regarding the students to be offered scholarships will be made by the Dean. The Dean will not enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants regarding this decision
Scholarship Benefit: From the year 2020 on, the scholarship is administered as a one-time lump-sum payment of CZK 75 000 (approx. EUR 3 000) to selected students to support the student’s necessary living costs. There is no tuition fee waiver as a part of the scholarship.
How to Apply for Charles University Development Scholarships
The application has to be submitted complete (with all necessary documents), and all submitted documents have to be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
The application has to be submitted to:
Kateřina Frídlová (Hollar Building, room 216),
the International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1, Czechia.
Scanned copies sent by email can be considered as a temporary measure in specific cases. However, originals have to be delivered as well. The final decision regarding such applications cannot be made until originals have been received.
Application has to include the following documents:
- completed application form
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why you need a scholarship, and what you hope to gain from your studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know you from your previous studies, including confirmation of your financial need (for fresh applicants for our programmes)
- one letter of recommendation from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies at the Faculty, including confirmation of your financial need (for current students of our programmes).
IMPORTANT: All scholarship applicants who are fresh applicants for one of our programmes HAVE TO also lodge an online application for their selected study programme and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this, their application for a scholarship will not be considered.
For more information, visit the Charles University Development Scholarships Page.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2020.
KINDLY SHARE TO HELP A FRIEND.