“Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program 2020”
Applications are open for Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program 2020. This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or world at large.
Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program
Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development. There are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
At Deloitte, we are committed to preparing 50 million people to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy by 2030. We are applying our core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDGs 4 – Quality Education and 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2020, which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in London, United Kingdom on 14 – 17 October 2020.
Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program Benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program Eligibility
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- Young leaders from non-profit, community organizations or social enterprises
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, to women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or providing opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
How to Apply for Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program
Please note that you will be unable to save your responses in the submission form. With this in mind, we recommend saving your responses first in an offline document before submitting your application. Tips for applying: check out our helpful guidelines for submitting a successful application.
For more information, visit One Young World.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2019
KINDLY SHARE USING THE WHATSAPP BUTTON BELOW TO HELP A FRIEND. THANK YOU.