“Hollard Life Assurance Company Ltd Recruitment 2020”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Hollard Life Assurance Company Ltd Recruitment 2020.
Hollard Life Assurance Company Limited (Hollard Life) is a subsidiary of Hollard International.The objective of Hollard Life is to enable more people to create and secure a better future by achieving exceptional, sustainable and inclusive growth and treating everyone with care and dignity. With our headquarters in South Africa and our feet firmly planted on Ghanaian soil, Hollard Life can deliver innovative insurance solutions that are customized to unique risks. We are certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Support Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage resources that estimate and carry out the development, testing, documentation, and delivery of applications such as SSP PURE, SAGE 300 ERP AND SAGE 300 PEOPLE and any other application software.
- Assist with design and develop new application systems and Mobile App and integrate with core insurance software.
- Assist with third party and other standalone business software integration with core insurance software
- Ensures that application development work is planned and monitored and that results are delivered on time, budget, and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Plan, organise, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of operational software and electronic data processing.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and software systems operations and development.
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines
- Manage a secured database backup offsite and onsite and perform disaster recovery tests periodically.
- Follow the change management process for all changes to application systems and train users in the use of applications.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services within the Business Units and monitor application performance and enhancement of business
- Query and develop reports on a timely basis to support the business units
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc Computer Science/Information Technology or related course
- At least 4 years working experience as a Computer Programmer
- Strong knowledge in Webservices and API integration development
- Strong knowledge in Data Science and Data Analytics
- Strong in fourth-generation computer programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP and SQL
- Strong database administration experience
- Strong knowledge in MS. SQL Server administration
- Strong knowledge in report design and development
- Knowledge in Insurance Software such as Exergy will be a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.