The National Teaching Council (NTC) Examinations Registration Procedures for 2020/2021 Prospective Teachers has been released. In this guide, we’ll show you how to register for NTC professional licensure examination for teachers in March 2020.
LATEST UPDATE: The National Teaching Council (NTC) wishes to bring to the notice of all candidates who registered for the March 2020 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) which was postponed due to the COVID-19 restriction that their examination will be written on Saturday 20th June, 2020.
All candidates should note that:
National Teaching Council Licensure Examination for Teachers 2019
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional license; and also attract excellent young graduates from the universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination
- All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers.
- All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2019 or before 2019 qualify to write the examination at a Regional Centre of your choice
- Northern Regions – Tamale
- Brong Ahafo Region – Sunyani
- Ashanti Region – Kumasi
- Central Region – Cape Coast
- Greater Accra Region – Accra/ Tema
- Western Region – Takoradi
- Volta Region – Ho
- In the case of the Upper West Region, the Centre is NJ Ahmadiyya College of Education. For Eastern Region, the Centre is SDA College of Education.
Candidates who have written the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination and are not successful, as well as fresh candidates, can register.
- Fees for registration:
- Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 220.00 to register for the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
- Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ200.00
- Candidates who are re-sitting all the three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 220.00
All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch nationwide
*** Candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers.
- Take PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your Passport-size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print a summary of the inputs made.
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination.
- Review information provided and submit
- Print Summary of the inputs made
Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Completed application forms should be received online no later than 11th March 2020.
NB: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond the 11th March, 2020 deadline.
Date for Examination: 25th – 27th March 2020