Plan International Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Plan International Recruitment 2020. The application deadline is 28th February 2020.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- Location: Ghana
- State: CapeCoast
- Job type: Full-Time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Manager
- To provide procurement, logistical and administrative support in alignment with Plan International’s Operations Manual to the Program Unit (PU) Offices.
- The role includes all procurement and logistical management, including the management of the facility and security of the Program Unit office.
- The Front Desk Assistant and Drivers report to the role
- Supervision of Janitors and Security Company
- The position reports to the Program Unit Manager.
- Processes the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Operations Manual (OM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times
- Ensures that all vendor details and requisitions are created and entered into SAP
- Processes requisitions, price comparison, purchase orders, goods receipt, purchasing history/records, etc in SAP.
- Processes payment request for approval. Post/enters and post good receipts into SAP for processing.
- Posts/enters material stocks and inventory into SAP and processes the same.
- Assists in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
- Ensures the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan’s activities as per OM, local policy and local Procurement Guidelines and Procedures with a low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance.
- Ensures the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow
- Ensures the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores
- Reviews, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets
- Assists in the preparation, update, and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on program disruptions due to maladministration of contracts
- Ensures the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions
- Monitors and manages the team of Front Desk Assistant, Drivers and Janitors to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services.
- Keeps the Program Unit Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for program implementation.
- Fulfills Plan’s Safeguarding Children and Young people Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- It also fulfills Plan International’s Gender Equality and Inclusion Policy at all times.
- Produces and maintains an up-to-date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for program activities
- Ensure Plan’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff works effectively without any fear of non-protection.
- A first Degree in Procurement or closely related field,
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position in an international organization similar to Plan International;
- Experience in knowledge and working with the SAP system is a plus.
Location: Volta Region, Eastern Region & WA
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who have met the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Title in the subject line and the preferred location (i.e Procurement & Logistics Coordinator – Eastern Region) to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020.