“Recruitment 2020: African Economic Research Consortium”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Economic Research Consortium Recruitment 2020.
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), established in 1988, is a premier capacity building institution in the advancement of research and training.
- Company: African Economic Research Consortium
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Manager of Research
- Manage the formulation and coordination of new research projects.
- Reviewing final research papers being considered for publication in AERC’s Research Paper Series and other publications and providing progress reports on departmental activities to AERC Committee of Directors, the various governance organs of AERC (the AERC Board, the Programme Committee) and donors.
- Managing the research process by liaising with, and supporting researchers, resource persons and other members of the AERC network to achieve stated objectives of the various research activities.
- Managing the calendar of AERC flagships events and projects supported by the programme administrators and assistants.
- Taking the lead in coordinating inputs from the Department into the preparation of the annual Programme of Work and Budget and revisions thereof for the Research Programmes as well as documentation for the Programme Committee meeting.
- PhD in Economics, Macroeconomics, development economics or other specialized fields of economics.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Strong track record of publications in economics.
- Experience in coordination and management of large-scale policy-oriented research in economics is a requirement.
- Experience in coordination of a network of Senior Researchers.
- Understanding of Economics and key economic issues in Africa.
- Very good familiarity with statistical and econometric software and management of large data set.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in French is an added advantage.
- Well organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines with attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and readiness to travel in Africa.
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply