“Recruitment 2020: FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital Recruitment 2020.
The Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine (FOCOS) is a non-profit organization, established in 1998 in the United States and Ghana by Dr. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei, who was Chief of the Scoliosis Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York and Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Weill-Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.
- Company: FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Medical Officers
- Provides out-patients care and refer appropriately outside area of specialty
- Participates as a member of the Medical Team in providing care, monitoring and evaluation of patients on admission
- Prepares doctors notes as well as discharge notes
- Provides weekend coverage as per approved schedule
- Assists with clearing of patients for travel
- Liaises with relevant departments in ensuring optimum care to clients/patients
- Participates in quality improvement programs and or activities.
- Assists perform surgical operations/clinical procedures within identified competency
- Provides support and information to patients/relatives as and when necessary.
- Conducts/participates in:
- Ward Rounds
- Clinical meetings
- Morbidity/mortality meetings
- Clinico -Pathological conferences
- Journals’ clubs
- Participates in district and community health programs as and when required
- Conducts/participates in operational research
- Be actively involved in the issues of infection prevention and control.
- Ensures compliance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures by team members.
- Performs any other duty that may be assigned by management from time to time
- MB ChB/BDS or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post horsemanship
- A valid License to practice in Ghana
- Continuous Professional Training across a wide range of clinical issues
- Good practice in Outpatient and inpatient care.
- Knowledge of health and safety relevant to this post.
- Knowledge in spinal care is an advantage.
- Basic surgical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Advanced life support/resuscitation skills
- Report writing and presentation skill
- Analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
Job Title: Program Coordinator / Office Manager
- Support the overall administrative process for FOCOS USA and activities relating to Ghana.
- Schedule and organize meetings, conference calls, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors. This includes handling calendars, meeting invites, making arrangements for meetings and travel, preparing agendas and taking accurate minutes for meetings as requested.
- Carry out general clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, faxing, mailing, etc.
- Handle phone calls.
- Provide general support to donors, potential donors and visitors; reply to email, phone and face to face inquiries.
- Handle requests for information/data from supervisor and donors.
- Prepare, modify and distribute documents and correspondence including, notifications, reports, letters, drafts, minutes, memos, responses to inquiries and emails.
- Create and manage templates and spreadsheets.
- Maintain contact lists (staff and board).
- Manage and maintain the electronic and hardcopy filing systems and documents for the organization, including the board (i.e. eFileCabinet).
- Setup, track and maintain electronic signatures for documents as requested.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures as requested.
- Act as the point of contact for board members, internal staff, donors and potential donors.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of supervisor or board members, as directed.
- Conduct research and execute projects (i.e. state registration and compliance) as required.
- Help handle volunteer inquiries and help coordinate hospital visits.
- Work with procurement to handle in-kind donations (i.e. valuing items, sending letters).
- Support the Academic Coordinator with the Medical Missions program.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge regarding non-profit organizations to help keep FOCOS in compliance.
- Help monitor and verify invoices, receipts, accounts and contracts.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- Provide assistance with fundraising initiatives and events as required.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience as an administrative assistant or virtual assistant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to take on responsibility and be accountable for tasks and objectives.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of office management procedures, systems and equipment.
- Gathering, monitoring and compiling information.
- Responsive and proactive.
- Knowledge in the non-profit sector.
- Professional, polite and attentive.
How to Apply for FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital Recruitment
Interested Applicants should email their CV’s to [email protected] with the job title clearly stated.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2020.