Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2020.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, commonly called the Foreign Office, is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom. It is responsible for protecting and promoting British interests worldwide. It was created in 1968 by merging the Foreign Office and the Commonwealth Office.
- Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Education & Digital Trade Advisor
This is a new position that will provide much-needed leadership in two strategic growth sectors for the UK in Ghana. There are clear opportunities in Ghana for UK companies, and we expect these to gain further traction post-COVID-19, building on the work of the UK Government’s Digital Service and other agencies. The digital sector continues to grow in Ghana and is one of the key strategic sectors of focus for the UK-Ghana Business Council. This role will need to build and manage a strong network in order to position the UK as the partner of choice in the education and digital sectors in Ghana, working closely with DFID, FCO, GDS and the British Council to ensure that the UK offer is showcased effectively and results in export wins for UK companies.
The role will focus on the following key areas:
- Lead on the UK in Ghana’s cross-government digital efforts, including leading on the UKAID funded Government Digital Service partnership;
- Develop and deliver a sector plan for digital and education that supports the GoG’s development agendas in both areas, working closely with colleagues in DIT, DFID and the FCO;
- Identify opportunities in the education and digital sectors for UK companies, building a pipeline of projects in the education and digital sectors;
- Deliver trade missions and events;
- Triage and support queries from UK companies on an ad hoc basis, working closely with the Trade Services Unit and the UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce;
- Support UK investment opportunities in the digital sector.
The position holder will need to be flexible in their approach to this role and maybe expected from time to time to support opportunities in other sectors as they arise, with support from other members of the team e.g. healthcare. The role will be line managed by the Country Director in order to enable effective XHMG join-up on the sectors of focus.
- 3+ years experience in the digital and/or education sectors in Ghana;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Project or programme management experience;
- Experience working with senior-level stakeholders.
- Experience working with the Government of Ghana;
- Event management experience.