“Recruitment 2020: Gold Fields Ghana”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Gold Fields Ghana Recruitment 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Regional Geology Manager
Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Regional Geology Manager. Reporting to the Vice President: Technical Services, the incumbent will provide technical and leadership support to site teams, optimize the resources and reserves, and maximize Life of Mine (LoM) plans in line with the Region’s strategy. The incumbent will also be responsible for regional statutory LoM strategic planning, resource and reserve definition, and reporting, and ensure adherence to relevant reporting codes and company standards.
- A tertiary qualification in Geology or Geological Engineering or related discipline.
- A related postgraduate qualification and/or relevant business qualification will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with a managerial role in mine geology.
- Qualified professional as defined by SAMREC and SEC guidelines.
- Significant experience in open pit mining in both palaeoplacer and hydrothermal gold environments.
- Experience in national and international safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to provide effective consulting services to mine operations.
- Strong commercial acumen in identifying opportunities to enhance different operations Net Present Value (NPV) through innovative new ideas, designs, and cost strategies.
- Sound understanding of the resource and reserve reporting codes (SAMREC, JORC, NI 43-101)
- Proven experience in project and contract management.
- Strong familiarity with geological software.
- Must be medically fit for the position and environment
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian drivers’ license
- Provide strong support to the West Africa Region in the identification of organic and inorganic resource and reserve growth opportunities.
- Oversee the implementation and management of systems for reconciliation in line with the Gold Fields Mine Reconciliation Standard.
- Provide support and guidance to mine exploration teams to develop a pipeline of regional projects to ensure sustainable and continuous mining.
- Identify and apply new procedures, processes, and technology, where appropriate, to contribute to improved understanding and quantification of ore bodies.
- Ensure all relevant statutory and compliance reports and correspondence in the region are prepared to required standards and delivered within agreed timeframes, including training, reviewing, and signing-off.
- Undertake due diligence on assets to identify issues of potential risks or opportunities to add value with detailed reported outcomes.
- Support and actively involved in the exploration strategy and planning process in line with the Group’s strategy.
- Support negotiations with key suppliers and contractors that include drilling, sampling and other aspects relating to geology.
- Monitor and review regional operations business objectives by ensuring effective data acquisition and storage systems and provide reliable, accurate and timely information.
- Undertake effective mineral resources project scoping including costing of capital and operating budgets and the effective oversight of operations to ensure achievement of objectives within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Evaluate each site’s geology database security and ensure adequate backup systems and processes are in place to cover any potential disaster recovery situations.
- Manage and coordinate regional contracts within the area of accountability in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Develop a culture of performance within the discipline through Talent Council structures.
- Develop and implement an effective succession plan within the regional constraints to ensure an uninterrupted supply of geological skills for production, sustainability, and continuity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 24th June 2020.