Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Recruitment 2020.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an American non-profit research and policy organization founded in 2002 by Yale economist Dean Karlan. Since its foundation, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 600 evaluations in 51 countries. The organization also manages the Progress out of Poverty Index.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior M&E Associate/M&E Coordinator
As a member of the Right Fit Evidence Unit, the Senior Associate/Coordinator will provide technical support throughout M&E advisory engagements, from the workshops or training to one-on-one coaching for in-country development organizations’ staff.
Supported by an Engagement Manager and other Right-Fit Evidence Unit team members and Ghana office staff members, the Senior Associate/Coordinator will:
- Advise clients in crafting their learning strategies, in preparing their Monitoring and Evaluation agendas, in developing evaluation plans for their programs, etc.
- Advise clients to identify their principal goals, help them to craft theories of change and M&E plans for these programs, and find areas where they can improve their existing M&E operations and learning routines.
- Work individually with staff from these programs to prepare monitoring and evaluation plans and assessments to define their evaluation objectives, questions, methodologies, milestones, resources required, risks, and other important information.
- Form long-term relationships between IPA and the implementing staff of the programs, with the broader aim of strengthening the M&E culture in these organizations.
Days will rarely look the same. The job will involve anything from report-writing to workshop-leading to answering a question for new M&E staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social science, or a related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including experience in M&E (public sector) or organizational performance/R&D/operational research (private sector) or experience in management consulting or other professional services
- Superior analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Familiarity with statistics and data analysis (including advanced Excel)
- Ability to present information in a structured and insightful way, both in writing and orally
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility and willingness to learn.
- Passion for making data-driven decision making a reality in the development sector.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, social science, or a related field
- Experience in management consulting or other professional services
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in MEL methodologies or data analysis
- Experience with programs relating to education or early childhood development
- Experience working in developing countries
- Familiarity with the concepts surrounding the Theory of Change and the core tools of MEL (both quantitative and qualitative research methods)
- Familiarity with SurveyCTO, Open Data Kit, Kobo or similar survey software
- Ability to use Stata, R or similar statistical software
How to Apply for IPA Recruitment
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 26th July 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to [email protected]