Recruitment 2020: Newmont Mining Corporation
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
- Manage the execution of Occupational Health and Safety (H&S) strategies to reduce and minimize the impact of work on employees’ health and well-being.
- Lead, engage and develop a team of H&S professionals.
- Coach and influence operational leaders.
- Drive standardization, simplification and alignment.
- Lead implementation of Newmont Health and Safety initiatives.
- Translate and communicate business Health and Safety requirements, practical application; track and monitor progress.
- Ensure effective and consistent identification and management of regional risks.
- Develop and drive site strategic objectives.
- Manage the site H&S budget including cost reporting.
- Identify site trends and emerging issues to implement timely strategic plans.
- Partner with Regional and Global Health and Safety leaders to ensure programs and initiatives are aligned and effective.
- Escalate and inform Health and Safety matters to Site Leadership Team and Regional H&S team to enable effective response and rapid application.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of the work and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Tertiary qualified in Health, Safety, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years’ Health and Safety experience, of which at least 4 – 5 years should be in the capacity of a Manager for a large organization, including experience in areas such as Surface and Underground Mining, Process Plant Operations and Project Construction.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical knowledge of Health and Safety principles.
- Operational experience in Mining, Oil & Gas or Heavy Industry.
- Experience leading team of technical and SMEs.
- Advance communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead sustainable change.
- Ability to take a system view and identify emerging risks.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in conducting risk assessments and audit processes.
- Travel is required to attend Chamber of Mines Technical Committee meetings, as well as periodic meetings with the Chief Inspector of Mines in Accra.
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.