PATH Ghana Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for PATH Ghana Recruitment 2020.
- Company: PATH Ghana.
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Technical Advisor
- Provide technical leadership to the PATH NCD program with focus on implementation of Ghana’s NCD Strategy;
- Contribute to strengthening the PATH NCD Program portfolio strategies including development and implementation of the NCD project work plans and NCD strategy roll out in the regions;
- Coordinate NCD activities, including advising and providing technical support to the Ghana Health Service NCD program;
- Liaise with the M&E and Data manager to do the introduction and roll out of the PATH NCD Navigator and improve national data on NCDs through the DHIMS II systems in country;
- Liaise with the National NCD Program to strengthen PHC activities related to NCD prevention and care including access to NCD commodities in country;
- Lead training and capacity building efforts including developing training tools and curriculum for health care providers such as medical officers, nurses and midwives, pharmacists, and paramedics on NCD prevention and management;
- Provide technical oversight and liaise with the PATH Advocacy Adviser to train community-based health workers, civil society groups and volunteers to implement NCD activities such as health screening and monitoring, case management and empower community leadership to lead health promotion activities on lifestyle changes to prevent and reduce the risk factors for NCDs at community level;
- Coordinate national and regional activities including orientation workshops, performance review meetings etc.
- Support district health facilities and their NCDs Focal Points in supervising NCD activities in their respective regions;
- Liaise with PATH M&E and Data Manager to monitor project progress against work plans at national, regional and district levels;
- Assist with preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly progress reports to PATH and relevant stakeholders;
- Represent PATH in conferences / workshops/ meetings, at regional and district levels, as required;
- Support dissemination of information on project progress and lessons learned at national and regional level, as required;
- Contribute to the preparation and review of project publications, grant proposals writing, and other reports, as required;
- Other relevant tasks as requested by PATH leadership.
- A Medical Doctor with advanced degree in Public Health, Health Policy and Health Management or related Social science discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in NCDs and/or infectious disease control and prevention, and health system strengthening;
- Extensive knowledge of the Ghana Health Care System with experience in implementation research around NCDs is a plus;
- Experience working in leadership role, managing health programs with strong background in Non-Communicable Diseases Control programs;
- Experience in capacity building, supervision, mentoring and private sector engagement is a plus;
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with international and national, cross-functional teams to ensure reports and milestones are met;
- Demonstrate experience working with government public health officials, NGOs and other health partners in a culturally competent manner;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by working harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse educational, socio-political and cultural backgrounds and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct;
- Critical thinker with flexible and innovative problem- solving skills;
- Experience in health policy and social advocacy is a plus;
- Solid technical knowledge and skills in business development, especially grant winning proposal writing;
- Excellent written, verbal communication competencies in English;
- This position is dependent on funding availability.
Must have legal authorization to work in Ghana.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.