Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sabre Education Recruitment 2020.
Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organizations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
- Company: Sabre Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
- This role is responsible for the production of financial information relevant to support program delivery directly and indirectly by preparing donor reports, management accounts, project budget vs actuals for the company.
- The role participates in budget preparation and consolidation, carries out project support visits and carries out supports in carrying out internal control checks during project visits.
- Make entries into the financial accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are correctly allocated by account and project code.
- Ensure that all transactions are entered as they occur and reconciled weekly
- Oversee the petty cash accounts, ensuring that all transactions are appropriately receipted and recorded, with minimal financial exposure in the movement of cash.
- Ensure the timely preparation of statutory accounts.
- Work with project managers to ensure timely reporting of project expenditure, to inform monthly reconciliations against project budgets, and explain any variances to planned expenditure.
- Work with the Head of Finance and the team to prepare annual budgets.
- Raise and prepare timely all payment vouchers
- Assist in budgeting and reporting
- Support the procurement process
- Maintain an efficient filing system
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Adherence to all financial policies and procedures
- Sound application of financial principles
- Accurate delivery of set targets
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Finance/Business Administration or relevant discipline
- Partly qualified Accountant (ICAG or ACCA)
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Finance, in a senior position, preferably with an international NGO
- Experience with DFID, USAID budgeting and reporting systems
- Efficient & Reliable
- Highly Focused and confident
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications such as MS excel, word
- Excellent understanding of basic finance concepts and practices
- Highly numerate and analytical
How to Apply
Applicants should send cover letter and CV in one PDF attachment to [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sabre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sabre offers a competitive salary. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and growing organization transforming kindergartens across Ghana as partners with the Ghana Education Service. In addition to flexibility, your job will evolve as quickly as the company scales. That means you’ll constantly be doing and learning new things.
KINDLY SHARE USING THE WHATSAPP BUTTON BELOW TO HELP A FRIEND. THANK YOU!!!