Safi Sana Ghana Limited Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Safi Sana Ghana Limited Recruitment 2020. The application deadline is March 20 2020.
Job Title: Senior Manager
The role of Senior Manager is to provide senior leadership across the whole organization, to build on the success of the company today and to lead Safi Sana Ghana ltd towards a mature and healthy organisation that is a flagship for the West African market.
As the Senior Manager you will be responsible for overall leadership of the organisation, devising and implementing the longer-term strategy, improving the current day to day operations, motivating the sales and representing the organisation to enable further expansion in Ghana.
You will be responsible for developing the team, bringing the right talent into the organisation and ensuring the products and services we offer meet and surpass the expected standards. This is a social business and you will be overseeing the financial viability of the business model and monitoring the social impact of our work.
Most importantly you will be building a business and operating model that is scalable in other cities facing similar challenges. You will be the spokesperson for the organisation, with a wide variety of stakeholders and you will liaise with and report to the Holding company in The Netherlands.
- Financial. Reaching a positive operational EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) by end 2020 and streamline financial reporting processes.
- Operations. Implementing the operational excellence program with the aim to reach full operational capacity by Q4 2020. With good operational awareness and guidance to the team in relation to team performance, health and safety measures implemented and technical performance which is understood by the entire organisation.
- Sales. With the successful implementation of the plant performance, compost sales should increase from an average of 350 bags per month to 850 bags per month by Q4 2020. Electricity sales (to grid) should increase from 30,000 kwh per month, to 48,000 kwh per month by Q4 2020.
- Innovation. Overseeing the testing, learning and launch of new products and process improvements that will strengthen Safi Sana proposition at the Ashaiman plant and for new locations. The scoping of such projects is initiated by the Holding team and will be done in close cooperation with them.
- Strategy. Implementing a medium-term strategy which is already approved by Holding, building on that to develop and implement a longer-term strategy and scale-up plan which gives direction and purpose to the organisation in Ghana.
- Data. Enhancing a data driven culture within the organisation reflecting a new business learning significant amounts from its customers, its new products and services, the opportunities that technology provides etc. All which will enable properly informed decision making and impact monitoring.
- People. Creating a positive, proactive, supportive culture that supports the aims of the business. To define a strong culture and develop a strong team. To train and develop them, promote team exposure, in particular a senior management team for the Senior Management to lead.
- Stakeholder management and Business development. Representing the Ghana office and actively engaging with the many organisations and government representatives, that can help contribute to the success of Safi Sana. Furthermore, you will explore opportunities and lay the ground to further replicate the Safi Sana service model in other Municipalities in Ghana.
- Process management and Reporting. Ensure reporting tools and platforms are fully utilized and adhered by the team in Ghana, and that reporting deadlines (such as weekly dashboard reports, Monthly Performance Report, Employee Performance Report, etc.) are respected by the team.
- To ensure good HR policies are developed, practiced and documented in a Safi Sana staff handbook;
- To manage all Safi Sana staff and staff administration according to the agreed policies, including recruitment and staff performance;
- To meet all Ghanaian rules and regulations regarding employment, and occupational health and safety;
- To encourage professional development programmes for all staff;
- To coordinate input from managers and prepare a monthly Management Report as well as regular progress reports on projects;
- To organize and chair the weekly staff and management meetings;
- To ensure that ICT and telephone communication and information systems are regularly maintained and working at all times.
- To lead the development and execution of the company’s strategy for Ghana, in partnership with the local team and Safi Sana Holding (The Netherlands);
- To represent Safi Sana in meetings with relevant Ministries, other government agencies, NGO’s and the private sector in Ghana with the aim to expand the business to new locations in Ghana;
- To maintain and expand on strategic partnerships and to manage formal partnership agreements with National Ministries, Local Assemblies, Corporates, educational/research institutions and NGO’s;
- Coordinate advocacy efforts for community members and other interested parties.
- In consultation with the Managing Director, to develop an annual operating budget plan and budget for approval by the Safi Sana Board
- To oversee the work of the Finance Manager and report monthly on the finances of Safi Sana against the annual budget and operating plan
- To manage the income and expenditure according to the procedures documented in the financial management system
- To ensure accounts are prepared for an annual audit
- To make recommendations to the Managing Director for best cash and asset management
- To conduct two yearly reviews of the Finance and Assets Section of the Policies and procedures manual
- To procure, manage and dispose of all Safi Sana assets including vehicles.
Innovation, Project Management and R&D
- Define the scope of projects, goals and deliverables that support local and international business goals in collaboration with senior management, team members and stakeholders.
- To plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and budgets
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Organize and influence project management meetings ensuring all paper work is in place , actions are followed up, reports produced and finances are monitored
- Monitor contractual compliance, e.g. reporting and management
- Ensure project closure: developing lessons learnt and defining the steps to be taken after the project has closed.
- Senior programme management and business development background in sanitation engineering, environmental engineering, agriculture or similar sectors.
- Strong preference in working and managing effective teams in developing emerging market situations
- Minimum of 8 years senior management experience
- Strong leadership and team building qualities. Be able to contribute to a positive team culture.
- Experience of implementing performance management matrix
- Excellent communication skills both orally and on paper. Preferably with a proven track record in building relationships at senior levels of businesses and governments.
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized, problem solver and results driven
- Focused, decisive and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pro-active nature
- Financially literate. good understanding of P&L, cashflow and balance sheets and how they interface. ability to prepare and critique a budget.
- Innovative and flexible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
This opportunity expires on of 20th March 2020.
Note: Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Safi Sana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis including age, gender, sx, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status.
KINDLY USE THE WHATSAPP BUTTON BELOW TO SHARE, HELP A FRIEND. THANK YOU.!!!