“Recruitment 2020: UNESCO”
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Recruitment 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Associate Project Officer (Education)
More specifically, the incumbent’s tasks will cover: Participation in organizing the detailed operational plan and coordinating the implementation of the project in compliance with the project strategic objectives, outcomes, outputs and activities by Ensuring quality achievement of the KFIT project outputs in line with UNESCO qualitative standards and the KFIT results matrix. Supporting the design, as well as the periodic update and revision, of the detailed country project document, work plan and budget. Identifying project implementation partners and providers of goods and services. Assisting in the writing of terms of references for external vendors and in the recruitment of consultants, coordinators and interns. Following-up on the implementation of the contracts, assessing the quality of services provided and requesting disbursement of funds. Planning, coordinating and organizing network meetings, workshop and training to address specifics needs and capacity gaps identified in the project
Ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and the reporting on project activities by: Contributing to monitoring and evaluation of project activities, reporting on progress and suggesting updates of the project log frame. Regularly monitoring the financial status of the project and ensure that budget execution rates are in line with agreed plans. Moreover, in case of contracting with partners where funds are to be granted for activities, ensure the Financial Reports along with original and appropriate justifications for funds granted are duly submitted on a timely basis to financially close related activities.
Regularly conducting meetings of the project steering, preparing minutes of meetings and action plans with clear responsibility and timeframe. Conducting periodic project reviews with government counter parts and other partners recording the results of the review meetings in minutes and action plans. Preparing reports on project activities for UNESCO, the donor and partners. Providing content on major project’s achievements and steps in project implementation for UNESCO’s public information services to increase the visibility of UNESCO. Fostering exchanges of information, experience, identifying new strategies of action to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project requirements and objectives.
Provision of technical support and fostering of partnerships for project implementation by:
Providing technical advice and guidance for the implementation of KFIT project activities, including participation in the production of technical deliverables and policy studies, provision of input to various framework documents as required, and support to the implementation of training programmes. Maintaining regular relations with national counterparts and key stakeholders (Ministries, regional and local authorities, etc.). Raising awareness of potential partners and solutions to boost ICT in education initiatives in the country. Participating in and facilitate the establishment of strategic long-term engagements (LTAs, PCAs, MoUs) with strategic partners in the country.
Mobilizing UNESCO’s entities in support of the implementation of ICT in education initiatives including UNESCO-HQ and UNESCO Institutes. Ensuring communication and visibility by Implementing the project communication and visibility plan. Preparing technical briefs and status updates on the project for wider dissemination, including inputs for the period project newsletter. Organizing communication events (seminars and workshops) and liaise with local and international media. Acting as a liaison between the HQ coordination team of the KFIT project and the national team
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in Education, Science (STEM), social sciences, or related areas.
- At least two years of work experience in the field of education, preferably related to ICTs.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating project activities, preferably in large organizations and/or with international partner organizations.
- Strong skills in technical project management, event planning and presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills, human relations and team building.
- Ability to interact with people from different disciplines, and with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to manage budgets and report on implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Work experience in Education, particularly in Ghana and in collaboration with the Ministry of Education.
- Experience in the implementation of large-scale project with technical components.
- Experience with ICT hardware, mobile phones and web-based technologies in education, particularly designing or deploying tools appropriate to low-bandwidth or sub-standard infrastructure environments.
- Understanding of national and international development issues.
- Expert knowledge or significant interest in one or more of these areas: (i) The use of technology in developing contexts particularly in Ghana; (ii) teacher training, particularly on the pedagogical use of ICT; (iii) m-learning and e-learning; (iv) ICT policy analysis and formulation; (v) educational audio-visual and multimedia materials in the classroom; and (vi) research based education platforms in distance and assisted learning platforms to education
- Basic understanding of set-up and administration of ICT services, networks and mobile services.
- Working knowledge (reading and writing) of French.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
KINDLY SHARE TO HELP A FRIEND. THANK YOU.