Recruitment 2020: Women First Digital (WFD)
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Women First Digital (WFD) Recruitment 2020.
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception, and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation, and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program below.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Community Manager
Location: Remote but based in Accra, Ghana
Contract Term: 6 months with a possibility of extension
(also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one-stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for an English-speaking Community Manager to support the safe2choose and FindMyMethod social media community.
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication ideas, strategies and campaigns for the Anglophone West African region(Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone)
- Create region-friendly responses to use on direct messages and commentaries
- Respond to users in a timely manner
- Build relationships with users
- Manage country-specific groups
- Monitor, track and report about the community management
- Coordinate with the online and offline Marketing, and Communications teams
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trend
- Other duties as assigned.
- A vacancy is directed at all women (trans included) and non-binary people.
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours (full-time) per week.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience as a community manager or social media manager
- Must have experience in content creation, blogging, curating trends and news commentary
- Advanced knowledge in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok etc. is essential
- Must have experience in social media analytics, community metrics
- Experience in using social media management tools, like Agorapulse, Hootsuite, and alike tools.
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Ability to work without supervision and take initiative.
- Must have a computer and smartphone and consistent access to reliable and strong internet.
- Knowledge of medical abortion and family planning
- Sexual and Reproductive Health experience
- Knowledge of gender, feminism and women’s health
- University students are encouraged to apply.
The Community Manager will work online from Accra but should be in constant communication with the WFD team. Work schedule will be defined according to the candidate’s availability and WFD needs. Please note that WFD does not offer relocation support and the Community Manager should already be living in Accra.
Benefits and Compensation: The position includes a monthly salary up to US$800 per month (based on experience), and paid leave days.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to the Country Consultant [email protected], subject line: Community Manager – AWA by April 3, 2020.:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.