World Food Programme Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Food Programme Recruitment 2020.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security. According to the WFP, it provides food assistance to an average of 91.4 million people in 83 countries each year.
- Company: World Food Programme
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer – Nutrition
Duration: Service Contract (1 year renewable)
Post Grade Duty: SC 9
Under the direct supervision of the SO1 Manager Accra, the Programme Policy Officer (Retail Project Manager & Nutrition-Sensitive programming) will be expected to perform the following duties:
Project manager for the DSM funded “Reducing Stunting and anemia through the promotion and consumption of specialized nutritious foods or fortified foods using the retail sector and SBCC in Ghana” under the technical supervision of the SO1 Manager and in close collaboration with Sight & Life, the Obaasima Project, WFP supply chain, M&E and Nutrition units
Support the design and Management of nutrition-sensitive agriculture programmes adhering to corporate guidelines for nutrition-sensitive projects, using food-based and SBCC approaches under the technical supervision of the SO2 Food Systems Coordinator and in dose collaboration with MOFA/WIAD, GHS, and other Technical Partners
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project manager for the DSM funded “Reducing Stunting and anemia through the promotion and consumption Of specialized nutritious foods or fortified foods using the retail sector and SBCC in Ghana” under the SO1/Prevention of Stunting and micro-nutrient deficiencies:
- As the project manager, be responsible and accountable for the use of resources under the project.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets in consultation with key stakeholders and relevant WFP units, for the implementation of ail activities under the project in close alignment with the project proposal and budget.
- Oversee the activities implementation, conduct oversight missions and provide guidance to field staff and partners directly implementing the activities.
- Oevelop TORs for selection of NGOs or CSOs or other implementing partners as required
- Guide SBCC activities specifically tailored to fortified foods by the selected NGO/CSO partners,who need to work hand in hand with GHS; ensure synergies and complementarity with SBCC activities implemented by the GHS.
- Work closely with Sight & Life and the Social Marketing expert on social marketing for the promotion of the consumption of targeted fortified foods.
- Prepare regular progress reports for SO2 manager and for HQ/RBD; participate in and contribute to regular WFP-DSM calls, contribute to preparation of corporate and donor reports
- Ensure synergies of the activities under the DSM project with the overall stunting prevention activities under SO1 for maximum impact on the targeted communities
Nutrition-sensitive agriculture programmes under SO2/food Systems
- Support the design and management of all nutrition-sensitive agriculture initiatives under SO2/Food Systems, in close coordination with the Programme Officer- Food systems in Tamale and under the technical guidance of the SO2 Food Systems Coordinator in Accra;
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Guidelines for Nutrition-sensitive programmes, including the definition of nutrition-sensitive goals and objective and the incorporation of relevant nutrition-sensitive indicators.
- Ensure synergies between 501 and SO2 activities, including the participation and involvement of critical partners such as GHS and MOFA/WIAD in ail nutrition-sensitive interventions ;
- Preparation of progress reports, corporate and donor reports for all nutrition-sensitive activities and interventions
- Contribute to development of Concept Notes and Project proposals for fundraising in the area of nutrition-sensitive interventions in support of both SO1 and SO2
- Train WFP staff and Partners on relevant principles of nutrition-sensitive interventions
- Performany other duties
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role
At least 5 years of progressive relevant experience in managing and coordinating nutrition and/or public health programmes in Ghana; project management experience; experience with nutrition-sensitive programming in Northem Ghana a strong advantage
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- First degree in Public Health, Nutrition or related fields.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Fluency in the English language is essential!.
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in northern Ghana will be an advantage
Job Title: Programme Associate (Nutrition)
Duration: Fixed Term (1 year renewable)
Post Grade Duty: : GS 6
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Ghana aims to support Government and stakeholders to create more efficient, equitable, resilient and inclusive food systems, contributing to addressing stunting, micronutrient deficiencies and overweight and obesity. Under its Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), WFP works in partnership with the Government and other stakeholders to achieve four strategic outcomes:
- Strategic Outcome 1 (S01): Vulnerable populations, including children and women of reproductive age in regions with high burden of malnutrition have improved nutritional status in line with national targets by 2025.
- Strategic Outcome 2 (S02): Targeted populations and communities in Ghana benefit from more efficient, inclusive and resilient food systems that support nutrition value chains by 2030.
- Strategic Outcome 3 (S03): Local and national institutions have strengthened capacity to better target and manage food security, nutrition and social protection programmes by 2030.
- Strategic Outcome 4 (SO4): Government efforts towards achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 are supported by advocacy and effective and coherent policy frameworks.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the implementation and management of the nutrition programme under S01 Including leadership and implementation of the Mobile Data Collection and Analytics (MDCA) tool
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not alI inclusive, within delegated authority)
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritionist/S01 Activity Manager and the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-officeTamale, the Programme Associate (Nutrition) will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide project management and administrative support to nutrition-related programmes, projects, and activities ensuring a coordinated approach to wider programmes and projects that comply with WFP standards and
- Support in facilitating beneficiary identification, Preregistration and SCOPE registration of beneficiaries under the SO1 activities.
- Lead the implementation of Mobile Data Collection and Analytics (MDCA) and its integration into WFP SCOPE
- Perform a regular update of household data, enrolment, and verification of households, creation of distribution cycles, deduplication and adjudication on WFP SCOPE platform.
- Prepare a range of presentations, reports and data analysis on MDCA and OHS SCOPE registration and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporates standards and quality control.
- Support the capacity strengthening of WFP staff and partners including government on nutrition policies, programmes, strategies, action plans, protocols, guidelines, manuals, etc.
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including the identification of potential partners and inter-agency collaboration to ensure a strong multi-sectoral response to nutrition and represent WFP at relevant committees and fora including inter-agency sub-committees when the need
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support the regular monitoring of nutrition-related funds, grants, and budget expenditure.
- Support in coordinating the organization of meetings including steering committee meetings and workshops with partners and maintain up to date database with partners
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy the needed resources to affected areas at the onset of crisis
- Performed any other related duty as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- At least 3 years of work experience in public health, food security, and nutrition-related activities
- Experience in programme management, monitoring, and report.
- Experience in beneficiary database management and data analysis
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Experience in cash-based transfer activities.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- At least a University degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Food Science or other related fields
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to use software for nutritional assessment and cost analysis.
- Good computer knowledge and database skills including knowledge on data analysis.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary environment/teams and ensure team cohesion
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Familiarity with the use of SCOPE and MOCA
- Flexibility in working with community members, retailers, and private sector
Fluency in both written and oral English language is essential
How to Apply for WFP Recruitment
Interested persons should click HERE to apply for each of the above-listed positions.