Recruitment 2020: Worldreader
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Worldreader Recruitment 2020.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships
Worldreader is seeking an experienced educational and business development professional to serve as our Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships, West Africa. S/he will engage with regional INGOs, UN, Ministry of Education, civil society, bilateral and multilateral donor representatives to further Worldreader works globally with partners to support vulnerable and underserved communities with digital reading solutions that help improve learning outcomes, workforce readiness, and gender equity.
This position requires a high level of responsibility and self-motivation. The Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships is expected to be an outstanding communicator and team leader.
Based in its Accra, Ghana office, s/he works in collaboration with in-country and global Worldreader staff to expand its partnership efforts through all Worldreader programs across West Africa.
Business Development & Partnerships (70%)
• Implement a regional strategy to increase the number of Worldreader digital library subscriptions for school/library/community programs by developing field sales action plans, to achieve growth and successfully manage the sales plan
• Ensure timely submission of competitive, responsive and high-quality proposals that align with Worldreader’s priorities and project needs, and support negotiations with donors.
• Represent Worldreader in appropriate national and regional networks and coalitions of international and local NGOs, private sector companies and other potential “non-traditional” partners to cultivate new partnerships. Advocate for digital reading solutions and participate in shaping policy positions and advocacy messages pertaining to Worldreader’s vision and programs in West Africa.
Project Strategy, Implementation, and Impact (30%)
• Oversee effective and efficient management of the projects/programs across West Africa including, but not limited to, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, quality control, cost-effectiveness, staffing, and other project items as needed.
• Facilitate partnership creation and management of local implementing and collaborative partners.
• Ensure that programs & products are designed and implemented in support of the Worldreader’s vision of cost-effective, outcomes-driven and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to the local context and the priorities of our readers.
• Drive seamless coordination between programming and operations and across sectors and outcomes, with the objective of improving the quality of the Worldreader’s work.
• Bachelor degree or higher in education, international development, or related field with at least 3-5 years of experience as a senior leader within an international NGO or Business agency.
• Experience in partner relationship management and retention with a demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships with external stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate across diverse teams, work independently, and occasionally travel domestically and internationally (up to 40%).
• Experience in a CRM system such as Salesforce highly preferred.
• English proficiency: excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong commitment to Worldreader mission and values.
How to Apply
To submit your application, click below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2020.