Scholarship 2020 Goethe Talents for Developing Countries: Goethe-Institut is inviting interested persons to apply for the Goethe Talents Scholarship ahead of the Pop-Kultur Festival 2020.
Goethe Talents Scholarship:
Are you a young musician, DJ, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? You want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency or want to use your music more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut offers activities to experience the Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
Goethe Talents Scholarship Eligibility
- Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music. We need proof of at least 3 projects.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- All applications are for a one person. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
- If you do not board your booked flight or cancel the programme on short notice, you are obliged to reimburse the Goethe-Insititut and the Musicboard for any expenses accrued.
Value of Award
- Participants can expect studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities. Networking will be a big part of the experience, and you will also get a chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings in the Pop-Kultur Live programme.
- In summer 2021, one of the Goethe 2020 alumni will additionally get the chance to return to Berlin for a month-long Goethe residency. The aim of the residency is to support artistic and cultural exchange through the creation of a new piece of music in collaboration with a Berlin-based artist, which will then be presented in the official live programme of Pop-Kultur 2021.
- The organisers provide a participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, and hospitality (per diem of 10 €) for the period 18-30 August 2020. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues.
Duration of Award: August 18th to August 30th, 2020.
How to Apply for Goethe Talents Scholarship
For more information on application, visit the Goethe Talents Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 18th March 2020