“TTU Arrangements for Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Year”
The Takoradi Technical University (TTU) has released the arrangements for the completion of the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
All Deans, Directors, Deputy Registrars, Heads of Department, Faculty Officers & SRC President All Notice Boards
At its meeting held on Wednesday, 3rd June, 2020, the Executive Committee of the Academic Board considered the President’s lifting of ban to enable final year students to report on campus to continue their academic work. The Executive Committee decided as follows:
1. That all final year students are to report to campus for the continuation of their academic work on Monday, 15th June, 2020 (Refer to the revised Calendar for final year students below).
2. The category of students referred to supra includes MTech. BTech, HND, Dip (Professional/Certificate)
3. There will be both online and face to face lectures.
4. To safeguard the interest of all stakeholders under the period of Covid-19 while observing the national protocols currently in force, the following measures should be strictly observed:
a. Students must strictly adhere to the policy of ‘No mask, no entry’ at the Halls, the Library and all Academic Facilities.
b. The University Health Centre shall take the body temperature of all students before entry at any facility (Halls, Library and Academic Facilities).
c. There should be no mass gathering (i.e. Conferences, Workshops, Sporting Events, Religious Activities, Dinners, etc.) Also all Hall Weeks and other outdoor events on the University campuses are suspended.
d. Students are encouraged to practice good personal hygiene by thoroughly washing their hands with soap under running water before entering any facility on campus or regularly use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
e. Students are to observe the prescribed physical distancing between themselves and also avoid all forms of body contacts including handshakes and hugs.
f. Any student with classic symptoms of Covid-19 such as fever, cough, runny nose and difficulty in breathing should first self-isolate and contact the University Health Centre or call the following numbers 0549133844, 0543293510 for immediate attention.
5. The TTU COVID-19 Taskforce shall be on standby to assist in any emergency situation on campus
6. The Ag. Librarian is requested to ensure appropriate physical/social distancing in the University Library.
7. Deans, Directors, HoDs, Unit Heads, and Hall Wardens shall provide Veronica buckets and detergents in front of their facilities for regular hand washing. Hand sanitizers shall also be provided at vantage points such as reception, etc for use by staff, students and visitors.
8. The Security Section is hereby directed to ensure that suspicious persons loitering about the University campuses are apprehended and handed over to the appropriate authorities.
NOTE: ONLY REGISTERED STUDENTS WITH THEIR DETAILS CAPTURED BY THE UNIVERSITY WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND LECTURES.
The Committee subsequently revised and approved the second-semester academic calendar for final year students only as follows:
|1||Re-Opening Date||Monday, 15th June, 2020|
|2||Lectures Begin||Tues. 16th June, 2020|
|3||Deadline for Submission of Second Semester Examination Questions||Monday, 8th June, 2020|
|Assignments & Quizzes|
|Assignment & Quizzes|
|5||Lectures End||Thu. 16th July, 2020|
|6||End of Second Semester Examination|
|Fri. 17th July to Sun. 26th July, 2020|
|Mon. 20th July to Fri. 31st July, 2020|
|7||Students Depart||Sat. 1st August, 2020|
|8||Industrial Attachment Commences|
|9||Deadline of Submission of Project Work||Fri. 7th August, 2020|
|10||Deadline of Submission of Second Semester 2019/2020 Examination Result||Fri. 28th August, 2020|
|11||Departmental Award Meeting||Tue. 8th September, 2020|
|12||Faculty Award Meeting||Wed. 16th September, 2020|
|13||Re-sit Examination (2019/2020)||Mon. 5th October, 2020|
Re-Opening (2020/2021 Academic Year)
|Mon. 21st September, 2020|
|15||Deadline for Submission of Resit Examination Results (final years only)||Tue. 20th October, 2020|
While we welcome our final students back to campus, we also wish to encourage everybody to comply with the above directives for our protection and safety.