“University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships for Research Excellence 2020”
Applications are invited from suitably qualified PhD students for the University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships fr Excellence 2020/2021 academic year.
University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships for Research Excellence
The University of Ghana has, through a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding, received a grant from Société des Produits Nestlé SA to support PhD students in conducting interdisciplinary research in the broad areas of Food and Nutrition Security, and Climate Change.
The specific research themes, with some related topics, are as follows:
a. Affordable nutrition: addressing nutritional needs of low-income settings by developing innovative affordable food matrices from locally sourced crops and ingredients, potentially pulses and legumes.
- i. Healthy Diets from a Sustainable Food System for Low-Income Consumers
- ii. Identify solutions for affordable nutrition via Virtual & Rapid Prototyping
- iii. Drying – Binding – Shaping as Enabler of Affordable Nutrition Solutions
- iv. High-shear Granulation as Enabler of Affordable Nutrition Solutions
b. Implications of climate change on food security and nutritional quality of food for low income settings.
- i. Cocoa shell, a by-product with high food potential to be valorized
- ii. Valorize Moringa for climate friendly nutritious products
c. Scientific substantiation of the public health impact of the Nestle Iron Awareness Campaign
University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships for Research Excellence Eligibility
- First or Second year PhD students in a discipline closely related to the research themes above (e.g. Food Science, Nutrition, Food Process Engineering and others).
- Applicant must have no competing scholarships and commit to fulltime PhD student status.
- First year applicants must meet the University of Ghana requirements and gain admission into an applicable PhD programme.
- Second year applicants should have met UG academic requirements including having passed their written and comprehensive examinations.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials, and demonstrate motivation and capacity to carry out original, innovative and independent research.
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of Ghana
Eligible Countries: A national or permanent resident of Ghana
Value of Award: The grant is mainly directed to the funding of PhD students and will provide support for tuition, research costs and stipend starting from the 2020/2021 academic year.
Duration of Award: Funding for the programme is for a maximum of four (4) years (First year applicants) and three (3) years (Second year applicants).
How to Apply for University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships for Research Excellence
Interested applicants should download and complete the application form (link inserted below), and include the supporting documents indicated below, into a single PDF file. Applications should be emailed to:
Institute of Applied Science & Technology
College of Basic & Applied Sciences
University of Ghana
P.O Box LG 25, Legon Email: [email protected]
The Assistant Registrar
Institute of Applied Science and Technology
DI Old Chemistry Building
Cruise O’Brien Road (Opposite the Recreational Quadrangle)
University of Ghana
For more information, visit the University of Ghana Nestlé PhD Scholarships for Research Excellence.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2020, at 5:00pm.
KINDLY SHARE TO HELP A FRIEND. THANK YOU.