We Cannot Arrange A Jet To Bring An Individual Back Home – Minister Tells Pappy Kojo

We Cannot Arrange A Jet To Bring An Individual Back Home – Minister Tells Pappy Kojo

Ghanaian musician Pappy Kojo who has been appealing to the government to rescue him back home from Italy may have to stay a bit more length in Italy.

The Rapper’s plead have reached the authorities but they have made it clear to him that there is absolutely nothing they can do for him at the moment.

The “Aye Late” Rapper had earlier cried out on social media to authorities despite the ban on travels to evacuate him and other Ghanaians trapped in Italy as the death toll from the coronavirus pandemic continued its relentless rise.

“I’m not safe, I live just across a busy street and people keep using that road every minute which is not safe for me, I’ve been calling out to the government, yet no response. “I’m a Ghanaian and I’ve done a lot for this country in terms of creative arts. Sincerely I’m not safe, I have something to feed on now but I’m afraid I might soon run out of food,” he stated during an interview on TV3 via Skype.

ALSO READ:  Tanzania President Cancels US$10billion Chinese Loan; Refers To The Terms And Conditions As One That Can Only Be Accepted By Mad People.

Responding to Pappy’s plea Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Madam Oteng Gyasi said the ministry understands the plight of the musician; however, the request, unfortunately, cannot be granted.

“Currently, traveling is out of the question. We’re not encouraging people to come to Ghana,” she said.

“Ghanaians can return home but if you’re in a country which is locked down and you don’t have a flight coming in, then how do you travel? Does he want to be jetted back to Ghana? How is that possible? We cannot arrange a jet to bring an individual back.

ALSO READ:  Video: Stonebwoy Sings His Heart Out From The Bathroom In Campaign For Water To Deprived Communities

“We’re trying to contain a situation and the directive is that for countries which have recorded over 200 cases, we are not allowing people from those countries into Ghana because we are also trying to contain the situation here. And I believe that wherever he finds himself if he follows the guidelines from the protocols, he will be safe,” she added.

Italy’s death toll rose to 651 on Sunday, bringing its total to 5,476. It was an increase of 13.5 percent but down from Saturday’s figure when 793 people died.

Globally, more than 13,000 people have now died from the pandemic. An estimated 92,000 of the 304,500 people who contracted the disease globally have recovered.

In Ghana, 24 cases have been confirmed and there are fears the number will rise. Some stakeholders of the industry have been counting their losses following the ban on public gatherings which has consequently led to the cancellation of events, closure of nightclubs among others, in the quest to prevent the disease from spreading.

ALSO READ:  Shatta Wale Finally Announces The Date And Time For His Digital Concert

While recognizing the effects of the crisis on Ghana’s arts and entertainment industry, the minister said efforts are being made to save the sector. “The sector is really suffering,” she admitted.

“The ministry recognizes the impact it has had on the industry and we have engaged industry players through the Ghana Tourism Authority. It’s currently in the process of collating information from them with respect to what the government can do to support them so it is not completely crippled by this health issue.”